Professor Arthur Cohen B.A.,M.A.
Educator, Author, Speaker and Demonstrator Personal Safety & Self Defense Expert
- B.A. Hunter College 1967
- M.A., Stony Brook University 1973
- 33 years experience in public education grades 7-12
- Member of American Federation of Teachers.
- Member of Bemer Junior High School Discipline Committee, and Anti-Bias Committee.
- Member of Executive Committee of 21st ” Century Save Our Kids Task Force of Nassau County.
- Presented school safety programs for educators at more than 25 teacher centers &
superintendent’s conferences throughout Long Island and well over a dozen state and national conferences.
Law Enforcement Training, Consulting & Personal Safety
- Over 37 years experience in martial arts and the personal safety field
- Member & frequent Staff Instructor for the American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers
- Charter member the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association (ILEETER)
- Staff Instructor for Police Self Defense Instructors International Conference 1989, 1990
- Staff Instructor, International Women in Police Conference, Dallas TX. 1997 Instructor, Defensive Tactics Newsletter Conference Ft. Meyers, FL. 1996-present
- Speaker at the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators Conference.
- Staff Instructor, Justice System Training Association.
- Guest Speaker, Law Enforcement Television Network (LETN)1990, 1997
- Speaker at over 50 state and national conferences for educators, law enforcement and health professionals.
- Attended over 300 seminars by many of the nation’s leading law enforcement, martial arts and personal safety trainers.
- Curriculum Development and Staff Instructor Nassau County Sheriff s Dept. 1983-1984.
- Created 20+ personal safety programs for the law enforcement, martial arts, health &
educational community and the general public.
- Author of 3 books & 2 training videos on self-defense and personal safety.
- Published over 20 articles on various aspects of personal safety.
Awards, Certifications & Honors
- Member of the National Speaker’s Association and Who’s Who in Professional Speakers.
- Member of Who’s Who in Law Enforcement Trainers.
- Member of Who’s Who in American Martial Arts.
- Nominated for Who’s Who in American Teachers.
- Recipient of the 1996 Leadership Award by the Defensive Tactics. Newsletter
for research and development in the field of criminal justice defensive tactics and personal safety training.
- Certified and/or Trained in numerous police programs e.g. ISC Control Points, PPCT Pressure Points, Handgun Retention, Police Baton, Pepper
- 6th Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do.
- Director of Training ISC Control Points
- Certified Instructor in Amis de Mano (Philippine Stick & Knife Fighting)
- Listed as an “expert witness” in 7 state and regional law directories covering 20+ states.
- Graduate of “Stand Up University” at Governor’s Comedy Club and a “certified” funny guy.
- Featured Speaker, New Jersey Governor’s Safety Award Program 1996.